Products and Services
Good practice in employment support
Help disadvantaged or disabled individuals secure sustainable employment
This two-day course provides a comprehensive and engaging overview of best practice in Supported Employment and IPS.
Participants will learn how to understand clients’ aspirations, strengths and needs, tailoring the support they offer.
Group bookings £2,649 + VAT
What will your team learn?
This good practice in employment support course begins with an overview of key principles and criteria that can be used to ensure a quality service before moving on to explore how advisors or employment specialists can offer personalised support to find someone long-term sustainable work.
- Key principles and criteria that can be used to ensure a quality service
- How to improve profiling, questioning, action planning and barrier handling
- To understand best practice and to grasp its benefits and importance
- How to feel more confident in engaging with employers and other stakeholders
- The support offered to individual and employers to ensure sustained employment
“There was a clear explanation of the principles involved, the activities were enjoyable and the trainer was passionate. It helped me to look at the way I do my job and where to improve.” - Kayleigh, WISE
The Supported Employment model.
- IPS approach and exploring the benefits of integrating with a clinical team (IPS only)
- Considering potential customer groups and their barriers to employment
- Reviewing the best approaches to disclosure of health and criminal convictions
- Evaluating the benefits of good practice and values in your work (Employment Support only)
- Outlining best practice in profiling and interviewing
- Exploring how to get the most out of action planning and barrier handling
- Considering your engagement with employers
- Examining effective in-work support
Duration, delivery and cost
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: 8 to 12 participants
- Duration: Two days
- Face-to-face cost: £2,649 + VAT
Our supported employment training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.