Products and Services
Good practice in employment support
Help disadvantaged, or disabled individuals secure long-term sustainable employment
Give your team a comprehensive and engaging overview of best practice in employment support.
We look at the practical application of the best practice principles of Supported Employment and Individual Placement and Support.
Equip your team with the tools and knowledge to help people secure sustainable employment, through tailored support systems.
- Deliver high quality, individualised and effective employment support
- Improve your profiling, questioning, action planning and barrier handling
- Feel more confident in engaging with employers and other stakeholders
- Increase sustainability by providing better in-work support
Book and schedule your course
What will your team learn?
- The Supported Employment model
- The IPS approach and the benefits of integrating with a clinical team (IPS only)
- Understand the potential barriers to work
- Values and best practice
- Productive profiling and interviewing
- Effective action planning and barrier handling
- Engagement with employers
- Helping clients start and sustain work
“There was a clear explanation of the principles involved, the activities were enjoyable and the trainer was passionate. It helped me to look at the way I do my job and where to improve.” Kayleigh, WISE
Who is this course for
Those working with individuals to find employment such as supported employment teams, welfare-to-work providers, job coaches, supported internship providers or specialist colleges.
Duration and delivery
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: 8 to 12 participants
- Duration: Two days
Our expert team have been delivering workplace training and consultancy to organisations from all sectors for over 75 years, helping to shape culture and inclusivity of workplaces across the UK. We specialise in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All our training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.