Products and Services
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
£2,050.00 – £2,800.00 + VAT
Equipping your staff to help others in a crisis with MHFA training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health - and to provide help on a first aid basis.
Working with small groups our training programmes will help you to build your own cohort of Mental Health First Aiders within your organisation, minimise the impact of mental ill health on your business and maintain healthy workplaces.
The MHFA course does not teach people to diagnose or treat conditions or provide counselling, but how to respond in a crisis and look after someone until they can access professional help. It also addresses mental health stigma and promotes early intervention and positive wellbeing.
This training programme will help you build a cohort of Mental Health First Aiders within your organisation, minimising the impact of mental ill health on your business and maintaining a healthy workplace.
"The training delivered helped me understand issues around mental health that we don’t normally recognise. Great course and the take away material is detailed and professional. The trainer gave great energy." Gareth, Warburtons
What they’ll learn
- An understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- How to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- How to support a person in distress
- Effective listening skills
- Where to signpost people for self-help resources
- Depression, suicidal crisis, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder
- Risk factors for mental health issues
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Appropriate interventions for each issue
- Action planning for using MHFA
Each MHFA delegate will receive a manual and workbook, and a PDF certificate upon completion of the course.
Duration, delivery and cost:
We can deliver these group courses face-to-face or online, to suit your needs.
- Group size: 6 to 16
- Duration: 15 hours (over four sessions)
- Online cost: £2,050 + VAT
- Group size: 6 to 16
- Duration: Two full days
- Face-to-face cost: £2,800 + VAT
Our mental health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All of the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your MHFA course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> If you’d like more information about the course, please send us an enquiry.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.