Products and Services
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) in practice
Supporting Mental Health First Aiders put their skills into action in the workplace.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which enables people to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health, and to provide help on a first aid basis.
The MHFA in practice course will help to develop the role that Mental Health First Aiders play in your organisation. It will refresh their skills, develop their practice and help them to find support, if needed.
Group bookings from £1,099+VAT
Your Mental Health First Aiders will consider the implications of their role in more detail, looking at safeguarding, self-care, support and signposting. They’ll also explore how to raise awareness about mental health, ending with a team action plan to put into place the strategies and activities suggested throughout the course.
- The role of a Mental Health First Aider in your organisation
- The main symptoms of mental health conditions and stress
- How to use the ALGEE action plan in conversations about mental wellbeing
- What to do if you are concerned someone is at risk of harming themselves and others (safeguarding processes)
- How to access support for yourself following difficult conversations
- Internal and external resources and services
- How to increase mental health awareness within your organisation
- A team action plan
Duration, delivery and cost:
We can deliver these group courses face-to-face or online, to suit your needs.
- Group size: 6 to 12
- Duration: Five hours (in two sessions)
- Online cost: £1,099 plus VAT
- Group size: 6 to 12
- Duration: Full day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,699 plus VAT
Our mental health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All of the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
> Click Buy Now to add this service to your basket and pay online. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.