Products and Services
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) refresher
Maintaining Mental Health First Aiders’ CPD levels and refreshing their knowledge
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England recommends those trained in the discipline to attend a refresher course every three years – following a similar approach to the physical first aid model.
With more being understood, discussed, and implemented surrounding mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, new actions, responses, and terminology are constantly emerging.
Group bookings from £1,499 + VAT
- General discussion about changes or exacerbations to mental health
- Updated knowledge of factors which affect and trigger mental health, such as new and varied forms of stress
- Mental health perceptions, misconceptions, and stigmas
- Updated frames of reference and non-judgement conversations
- Refreshed practice of supportive conversations using ALGEE
- New and existing early-warning signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Updates surrounding depression and anxiety
- Further discussion around first aid for suicidal crisis and prevention of suicidal crisis
- Refreshed practice of vital MHFA skills
- Independent self-care, wellbeing, and recovery
- Updated list of useful resources
Each delegate will receive a manual and workbook, and a PDF certificate upon completion of the course.
This accredited training takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities – facilitated by one of our Disability Training and Consultancy Specialists.
Duration, delivery and cost:
We can deliver these group courses face-to-face or online, to suit your needs.
- Group size: 6 to 25
- Duration: Four hours (in two-hour blocks)
- Online cost: £1,499 plus VAT
- Group size: 6 to 25
- Duration: ½ day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,899 plus VAT
Our mental health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All of the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Click Buy Now to add this service to your basket and pay online. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.