The Future of the NHS After Covid
While the NHS rose to the challenge of the Covid crisis, the impact of the pandemic on the nation’s health is now becoming clear, with millions missing out on hospital treatment, and thousands more suffering Covid-related health problems. Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson are joined by James Swaffield from Impower, a consultancy working to improve public services in the UK, to discuss the post-Covid outlook for the NHS and public health including:
- Immediate challenges faced by the NHS
- How the NHS is managing ‘burnout’ among staff
- Tackling the pandemic backlog of ‘missing patients’
- Addressing patient health inequalities
- The role of employers in supporting workforce health post-pandemic
Hosted by Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson, with James Swaffield.