The Transgender Experience at Work
Despite improved legal protections for trans employees, many still experience discrimination, harassment and bullying at work and in wider society. Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson are joined by Antonia Belcher, a business leader and trans activist, to discuss how employers can support transgender employees in the workplace, including:
- Antonia’s story of managing her transition in a male-dominated work environment
- How anti-trans stigma and discrimination are experienced in the workplace
- Supporting trans colleagues through becoming a ‘trans ally’
- How managers can support employees through their transition
- How employers can access advice on establishing an LGBTQ+ policy
Hosted by Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson, with Antonia Belcher.