Long term impacts of COVID-19 on your workforce
Even as vaccines roll out across the UK, the impact of COVID-19 on the country’s workforce will be felt for some time.
An estimated 60,000 people in the UK have experienced symptoms lasting longer than three months, with around 10% of Covid sufferers experiencing symptoms for more than a month.
In this episode of the Talking Work & Health podcast, Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson are joined by Dr Ron Daniels, Director of the UK Sepsis Trust, to discuss how employees experiencing long-term symptoms can be supported through their recovery and their return to work, including:
- Definitions of Long Covid and associated symptoms
- Clinical approaches to the condition
- Age groups and demographics who may be at risk
- How employers can access resources to manage Long Covid cases
- How employees can access reliable information and support
- Practical adjustments to support employees suffering long-term symptoms
- Managing mental health impacts associated with long Covid
Presented by Liam Sloan and Dr Mark Simpson. With Dr Ron Daniels.