Products and Services
Develop knowledge, skills and good practice around autism
Studies indicate that around 700,000 people in the UK may be on the autism spectrum – but most young autistic people are unhappy in education and just 16% of autistic adults are in full time employment.
This shows there is a need for teachers, trainers, managers and HR professionals to develop the knowledge and skills to support autistic individuals to reach their full potential.
Our course can help staff to understand and empower autistic people – and is suitable for those working in education, training or any workplace.
Group bookings from £1,699 + VAT
What will you learn?
- A broader understanding of autism, the impact it can have on individuals and their communication, interaction, thinking and ability to learn
- Practical strategies for ensuring individuals with autism can get the most out of teaching or training
- To adapt communication, learning environment and approach in order to support individuals with autism to work to their full potential
- How to support individuals more effectively and also guide them to relevant services?
“Just the right level of detail, information was clear and concise, and it was great to have open discussions with different people working in the same area, sharing ideas and techniques.” - David, ETF.
- Outlining the potential positive and negative effects of autism
- Exploring how the communication, social, emotional and sensory issues individuals experience can impact learning and work
- Identifying strategies for adapting teaching or training methods
- How to support those with emotional/sensory issues
- Support services which can help the individual and their family
- Supporting individuals to progress into Further Education or employment (education and skills only)
- Exploring how you can support individuals with autism to progress in employment (workplace only)
Duration, delivery and cost
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: Up to 12 participants
- Duration: Full day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,699 + VAT
Our disability and health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.