Products and Services
£1550 + VAT
Develop knowledge, skills and good practice around dyslexia
It is estimated that up to 10 per cent of the population is affected by dyslexia, with around four per cent significantly affected.
This means supporting those with the condition will impact on almost every classroom, training room or workplace across the country.
Our course provides a comprehensive overview of dyslexia, including the difficulties and strengths associated with it. These are further explored through experiential learning to give delegates an appreciation of how it may feel to experience those issues.
What they’ll learn
- To better understand the impact dyslexia may have on individuals and their learning
- How to develop practical strategies for ensuring individuals with dyslexia can get the most of teaching or training - whether in the classroom or the workplace
- To enable individuals with dyslexia to work to their full potential
“Very interactive with a range of activities, lots of discussions and sharing of experiences. It was useful to learn about different teaching strategies and the available resources for learners with dyslexia.” - Thomas, ETF
- The potential positive and negative effects of dyslexia
- How the effects of dyslexia can impact communication and learning in post-16 education
- Identifying strategies for adapting teaching or training methods
- The main benefits of technology, equipment and support staff
- Defining the potential impact on wellbeing, and support which can be provided
- How to support individuals with dyslexia to progress into Further Education or employment (education and skills only)
- How to support individuals with dyslexia to progress in employment (workplace only)
Duration, delivery and cost
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: 8 to 12 participants
- Duration: Full day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,550 + VAT
Our disability and health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> If you’d like more information about the course, please send us an enquiry.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more here.