Products and Services
Suicide First Aid Lite
A half-day course teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills
The skills taught in this convenient three-hour “lite” session can be applied in any professional or personal setting – and the programme is officially accredited by Suicide First Aid Qualifications.
We use the most experienced suicide-prevention trainers to deliver this unique learning experience, which is intended for anyone who seeks greater understanding and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide.
The information in this course is easy for people of all skill levels or no prior knowledge of the subject to grasp and could be used as a forerunner to the one-day Suicide First Aid course.
Group bookings from £1,199 + VAT
What will you learn on this course?
- Knowledge and tools to understand that suicide is one of the most-preventable deaths
- Basic skills to help someone with thoughts of suicide to stay safe
- Factors that could contribute to suicide thoughts
- Referring people onwards
- Stigma and survivors of bereavement by suicide and the hidden toll
- Suicide thoughts and behaviour
- Intention of behaviour vs. outcome of behaviour
- Possible causes of suicide thoughts
- Suicide – the ripple effect
- “I’m really glad you told me” audio visual
- Suicide safety guidance
- Recognising and asking about suicide
- Referring a person to suicide first aiders
Duration, delivery and cost
We can deliver this course face-to-face or online, to suit your needs.
- Group size: Up to 16 participants
- Duration: Three hours (two 90-minute sessions)
- Online cost: £1,199 + VAT
- Group size: Up to 20 participants
- Duration: Half day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,599 + VAT
Our mental health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All of the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.