Products and Services
Lifestyle assessment with First Beat
Map your employees’ stress, recovery and exercise performance – understand workforce wellbeing levels.
We use accurate, real-time data to understand your employees’ stress levels and improve their recovery and resilience. We’ll then provide you with an anonymised group report to support your organisation’s health and wellbeing strategy.
Proven, cost-effective service:
The service costs just £240 + VAT per assessment. Compare that to the potential loss from an employee taking an average 21.6 days off work (HSE) due to stress, depression or anxiety.
What is the lifestyle assessment with First Beat?
Using Firstbeat technology, we analyse an individual’s Heart Rate Variability (HRV) to map their stress, recovery and exercise performance.
HRV is the variation in the time interval between consecutive heartbeats in milliseconds - and is affected by factors such as stress, sleep quality, hormones, physical activity, diet and alcohol.
Participants wear a small and discreet heart rate monitor for a period of three days, during which time we take a snapshot of their stress reactions, physical activity levels and sleep patterns.
We then use that data to create a bespoke report for each individual. This will form the basis for a lifestyle assessment, delivered by one of our GPs, which will interpret their results and identify ways to improve their stress-recovery balance.
Quarterly tests can be booked to show the participant’s progress.
- Understand workforce wellbeing levels: This technology helps employers to understand more about the health of their staff, including their stress levels and recovery – enabling the implementation of measures to significantly improve workforce wellbeing.
- Proven, cost-effective service: The service costs just £240 + VAT per assessment. Compare that to the potential loss from an employee taking an average 21.6 days off work (HSE) due to stress, depression or anxiety.
- And success rates are high: 82% of participants improved stress management, sleep quality and exercise habits, 90% would recommend it to others
- Boost productivity at work – a study by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) found that 60% of SMEs said offering health and wellbeing benefits to staff had boosted productivity at work
- Be an employer of choice – A study from GlassDoor revealed that 58% of employees are now placing more emphasis on company benefits that support physical and mental wellbeing - such as mindfulness and fitness apps, wellbeing allowances, private healthcare and access to online therapy.
Participants learn about how their body reacts:
- Manage stress: Recognise activities which cause stress and discover how to manage these better.
- Enhance recovery: Understand their recovery during the day and night, and learn how to improve recovery in future.
- Exercise right: Understand the effects of physical activity and take steps to achieve better results.
- Get motivated to move: Recording an individual’s daily activity allows them to understand and change their behaviour. A systematic review by Bravata et al (2007) found that consistent use of an activity tracker is associated with higher activity levels.
- Helps determine realistic goals: Setting realistic goals leads to better lifestyle choices. Clare et al (2015) established that 86% of participants found goal setting led to improved wellbeing, greater confidence, a sense of purpose, and a feeling of belonging.
Get results with our lifestyle assessment with First Beat*
- Over 90% would recommend the Lifestyle Assessment to a friend
- 82% are successful in making lifestyle changes
- 85% feel they have more energy and are efficient during the day
- During feedback sessions, users set an average of 3.3 lifestyle related goals
- 88% say that they feel better
- Verify progress by performing our lifestyle assessment again and setting new goals
A typical customer journey
Participants can choose the most-convenient time for the measurement. We’ll deliver the device straight to their door and they will wear it for three days - keeping a web diary to see the effects of different actions.
We’ll create the report and provide personal advice based on the data to improve their wellbeing and performance.
There are three potential referral pathways:
- Managed referrals would see employees referred by a line manager or an occupational health physician.
- The second pathway is self-referral, where employees can self-refer to our service - and we continue accepting referrals until the quota set by the client is reached.
- We also have an option for people to purchase this service online.
Ask your Account Manager to sign up.
*Firstbeat user feedback survey, N= 1000