Products and Services
Hearing loss awareness
Develop knowledge, skills and good practice around hearing loss
It’s estimated that around 10 million people in the UK population have some degree of hearing loss, with 900,000 experiencing severe or profound hearing impairment.
This course looks at the impact hearing loss can have on an individual’s learning, language, literacy, social skills, confidence and emotional wellbeing.
It also enables delegates to develop the knowledge and skills to adapt their communication, teaching and training strategies in the learning or working environment – as well as to understand the assistance which can be provided by equipment and technology.
Group bookings £1,699 + VAT
What will you learn on our hearing loss awareness course?
- How hearing loss can impact an individual’s learning, language and literacy
- How to get the most out of equipment and technology
- How to adapt methods and environment to enable hearing-impaired individuals to participate fully in learning and progress in employment
“I liked the group activities and the chance to hear ideas from others. The trainer was open, knowledgeable and explained things brilliantly. The session was interactive, engaging and got everyone talking.” - Mark, ETF
- The potential impact of hearing loss on learning, language and literacy
- How to alter communication to make it more effective
- Strategies for adapting teaching/training to suit individuals with hearing loss
- Reviewing the benefits of technology, equipment and support staff
- Ensuring good acoustics for the learning environment
- Defining the potential impact on wellbeing and support which can be provided
- Looking at how to support those with hearing loss to progress into further education or employment (education and skills only)
- Exploring how to support individuals with hearing loss to progress in employment (workplace only)
Duration, delivery and cost
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: 8 to 12 participants
- Duration: Full day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,699 + VAT
Our disability and health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more.