Products and Services
£1550 + VAT
Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to make meaningful change around disability
Instigating meaningful change around disability and health in an organisation’s culture takes more than just policy and training.
It is vitally important to engage all colleagues, whatever their role – and this course is for people who will be undertaking some sort of disability champion (advocate or ambassador) role in the workplace.
Delegates will need to have completed other disability and mental health training courses with Remploy to attend.
What they’ll learn
- How to carry out the role of a disability champion in your organisations
- How to ensure disabled employees feel included, valued and understand the support available to them
- To ensure disability issues are widely discussed and communicated – and considered in policies, procedures and planning
- What resources and services can be promoted to colleagues
- How to engage colleagues in the topic of disability
- Resources and support services, their benefits and how to access them
- How to use awareness events to increase visibility, internally and externally
- Key elements of a good case study and the benefits of using them
- Key relationships to develop and maintain at work
- How to support and work effectively with other representative bodies
- How to adapt communication style to different situations
- Developing key messages about the role
- Creating an action plan to make the role as effective as possible.
Duration, delivery and cost
This course is delivered face-to-face.
- Group size: 8 to 12 participants
- Duration: Full day
- Face-to-face cost: £1,550 + VAT
Our disability and health training programmes are delivered by our sister organisation, Remploy, which specialises in helping both employers and employees to develop the knowledge, confidence and capacity to effectively support colleagues and individuals with a disability or health condition.
All the training is delivered by a team of experienced consultants, who have extensive knowledge and a practical understanding of workplace issues.
The course has been developed by qualified training designers, in line with the Training Accreditation Programme methodology.
>> Select your course and click Buy Now to add this service to your basket. We will email you to confirm your order and a team member will contact you to arrange the booking.
>> If you’d like more information about the course, please send us an enquiry.
>> We have a selection of training for individuals, find out more here.